Monday, May 11, 2009

Easter dress pics...finally!!!!

+

=


The pattern was Simplicity 3512 and I picked up the fabric at Joann's. Good to know: the fabric was not only a one way fabric but it also has a very specific order to the design. I had to cut into the fabric everywhere to line up all of the different pieces. And after all of that, I forgot to line up the back with the front since they attach at the shoulders...oh well. I think I will probably never buy fabric like this again because of that. I hated wasting it, but maybe someday I can use all of the scraps to quilt with or something. Other than wool soakers I think this is the first piece of clothing I have made for her. Of course I made a few modifications, I just can't seem to follow directions! I had to make it longer for her and I was worried it would be too small but it actually was a little big.

1 comment: