Monday, March 9, 2009

Boy or Girl? Shower Gift

My cousin is having a baby! She is due April 16th, which is not too far away, and had a shower March 8th. I couldn't go because of a baptism so I gave her her gift early when she was in the area for a birthday party. My cousin and I grew up together. She is 1 month and 2 days older than I am. I am originally from Hackensack, which is a small town about an hour north of Brainerd. After my family moved to the "cities" she started calling me a citiot (city + idiot). Here's the funny thing about the gift I gave her and me being the city girl. She grew up in the country with cows, chickens, etc. She used to help kill and clean the chickens. But when I told her I was doing cloth diapers before I had Mackenzie she said she could never do it because the poop part was too gross! So you can kill chickens but you can't rinse poo in the toilet! Who's the wuss now?! Anyway, she became pregnant and started to change her mind about the whole cloth diaper thing once she realized how many diapers babies use and how expensive it is and she also told me she didn't want the chemicals on the baby. So of course I was excited! But when she told me she was going to register for diapers at Target I began to worry a little. So I decided to get her started with her shower gift: 12 premium unbleached infant prefolds, 2 snappi fasteners, 1 bummis super whisper wrap, and 1 recycled wool soaker made by none other than her dear cousin. I think it's so cute all together. I can't believe how tiny they are! I wish someone would have bought me diapers...


1 comment:

  1. What a great gift idea! You are so sweet! I agree, that would have been a great gift idea for us too!

    ReplyDelete