Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mittens!

Pattern: Lola Flip Top Mitten from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
Needles: Size 1 48" circular
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks 55612 Summer Moss Jaquard
Method: Magic loop, both knit at the same time

These actually turned out pretty good for my first attempt at making mittens with thumbs, and a flap. My gauge was off as usual and they ended up a little smaller than I wanted. They fit but not much room. I'm not sure about the flaps for a 2 year old yet. I haven't put the buttons to hold them up on yet, maybe it will be better then. Now I just have to have time to make myself a pair! I love how this yarn turns out though! This was my first time working with this tiny yarn and my hands kind of cramped up after awhile but I worked on them for 3 days straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment